We all know that quality bathroom renovations help to sell homes, but they also make our lives a little easier and happier! If you are ready to update your bathrooms, here are some of the important decisions you need to make before you spend your money.
- Do you want to DIY? Even if you want to do it yourself, you will still need a plumber and electrician, who need to be organised before you start. On the other hand, engaging a building company who specialises in bathroom renovations will take all the stress out of your day, and save you both time and money.
- Will you alter the floor plan? If you renovate your bathroom around the existing plumbing, you will make significant savings on your costs. On the other hand, if your bathroom needs big changes to make it work for you – then it will be worth every dollar!
- What’s your budget? It’s best to have a fixed budget with a small contingency fund for your renovations, because then you know exactly what you can afford. Most bathroom renovations cost anything from $10,000 upwards, so it all depends on what you want and the value of your property. A rough guide is to spend 5% of your property’s value on renovating your bathroom.
- Think of the details: Do you want a recessed cistern? What is the best height for your vanity basin? Do you want a drop-in, under-mount, wall mount or pedestal sink? Dual or single sinks? What about storage? Do you want ceramic, porcelain, stone or glass tiles?
- Do you want a separate toilet? If your toilet is currently in your main bathroom, you may want to consider moving a few walls so that it can be in its own space. This will cost more, but if you don’t have a separate toilet, it can only make your life easier!
- What type of tap ware? Single taps or mixer taps? Traditional, modern, minimalist or customised? The tap ware and shower heads you include in your new bathroom renovations can set the entire tone of the space.
These are just some of the questions you will need to ask yourself when you are considering bathroom renovations. Why not call us on 073342 6675 or send us an email for a free quote?